Instructions for Rotary Study Abroad Scholarship Applicants
STEP – by – STEP
1) Make sure you and your parents agree to the exchange
2) Complete the following forms:
Rotary Study Abroad Scholarship Application Form
- Authorization to Release Medical Records Form
- Country Preference Form
- Interview Authorization Form
- Potential Host Family Form
3) Fill out the scholarship application by hand – (Rough Draft)
4) Once you are satisfied with your answers, type another application and make 2 additional copies.
5) Get all signatures (Including DOCTORS) in BLUE ink. (Bring a BLUE ink pen with you in case they don't have one available.)
6) Make sure pictures fit in the spaces provided. You can make up one sheet with the original photos and color photocopy the other sheet.
7) Have a teacher or administrator at your school fill out the Confidential form and have the TEACHER send it directly to:
PO Box 4452
Fayetteville, AR 72702-1303
(Remember to put a stamp on the envelope and address the envelope for your school teacher or administrator to use.)
Confidential Reference forms relayed by students or their parents will not be accepted.
8) VERY IMPORTANT: Along with your parents, identify 3 families who agree in writing to host a student. It is not acceptable to have someone fill out the form to “help” you, if they have no intention of hosting. Those who signed the form will be expected to host. Note: Rotary will contact the families on your list to ascertain if they are willing potential hosts.
9) Turn in to your sponsoring local Rotary club the following: (before Nov 1st )
a. Two (2) original copies of your Rotary Study Abroad Scholarship Application
b. Completed Country Preference Form
c. Completed Authorization to Release Medical Records Form
d. Completed Interview Authorization Form
e. Check for $200. That money will cover the costs of the Rotary Study Abroad Scholarship Interview weekend held the 1st weekend in December (date to be announced).
f. List of the 3 host families, giving full contact information and school district
g. Contact a local Rotary Club, tell them of your plans, and ask them to sponsor you. Tell them that the sponsor club will need to accept the responsibility of hosting an Inbound Student. (The club may transfer that responsibility to any other local Rotary Club willing to accept the Inbound Student).
h. Club Sponsorship Agreement for your club to fill out and submit to the district along with your application.
10) The club will convene an interview panel to interview you and your parents.
11) Upon successful completion of club interviews, you will be progressed on to district interviews, which occur the 1st weekend in December (time and place details will be emailed to candidates and their families.)
Rodney Arnold and Duff Weddle
D6110 Study Abroad Scholarship Coordinators