1) Make sure you and your parents agree to the exchange
2) Contact a local Rotary Club and ask them to sponsor you. The club may wish to interview you before agreeing to sponsorship.
3) Download Application Materials - Short-Term or Go to the RESOURCES tab, and select FORMS to find and download your Short-Term application and the Country List.
4) Complete the application and country preference forms available at www.6110studyabroad.com/forms Print out the forms (documents) and complete by hand. Or, if you wish, you can enter the information into the online application. Note: Page 10 Section 2 is the Host (Receiving) Club and District Guarantee. Leave this part blank. It is for the people overseas to fill in after they agree to host you.
5) Once satisfied with your answers, print 2 sets (We need original signatures in BLUE ink.)
6) Insert pictures in the spaces provided (individual photo and four personal photos on the picture page). You can make up one application with the original photos and color photocopy the other set
7) Submit the application to your local Rotary club’s Youth Exchange representative no later than JANUARY 15 for approval. Get all required signatures in BLUE ink on all two documents. Signatures included those of the applicant, both parents (if applicable) in the presence of a sponsoring Rotary Club representative (his/her signature required, too), president of sponsoring club, and secretary of sponsoring club (or representative). Note: The District YE chairperson signs only after a successful district level interview.
8) Make the $50 check payable to D6110 YE - STEP . This is the 1st installment of your STEP flat fee, and it covers expenses related to district interviews and district orientation, etc. Send the check directly to:
Rotary District 6110 Youth Exchange -STEP
PO Box 4452
Fayetteville, AR 72702-4452
9) Your local Rotary club interviews you and your parents.
10) After interviewing your family, your local Rotary Club will send the 2 original sets of the application materials and a letter of recommendation
to the District 6110 STEP Coordinator. Please remember to give your club the address. These are due the district coordinator by January
Rotary District 6110 Youth Exchange - STEP
653 W 78th St
Tulsa, OK 74132
10) Host Family forms Volunteer Form
..... Volunteer Application Form -- background check required for anyone age 18 or over in the home'
..... Reference Reports -- 2 references required for anyone age 18 or over in the home
..... Host Family Application
..... In-Home Interview Inspection Form -- the local Rotary club will schedule an appointment with the family for this interview
..... Host Family Orientation Form
These documents are available at the youth exchange database: http://rye5520.org/RYE/ You need a password to log-in. Your local club's youth exchange officer or local coordinator can help you to access those materials, and he/she will guide your family through that set of required documents.
11) The District YE team will convene an interview panel to meet and interview you at a date to be announced. Time and location to be determined. The session includes both an interview portion and an orientation portion.
12) Pay your Short-Term (STEP) flat fee (Summer 2020 STEP flat fee is $302. The 1st installment of $50 is due with your application. The 2nd installment of $252 is due later, usually at the end of March. You will be informed of the due date at STEP orientation. )
13) We send your paperwork to our overseas partner, They make a preliminary match between you and one of their students. They send us that student's application. You and your family have the opportunity to agree with or decline this match. If you decline this match, the overseas partner will search for another match for you, and again you have the opportunity to accept or decline the match. Once you accept a match, then the overseas partner shares your application with its family so they can agree or decline the match.
14). After a match is agreed upon, both families begin communicating with each other (by email, SKYPE, phone, whatsapp, google hangout, messenger, etc.) The families
..... determine which student will travel first
..... decide upon dates for the exchange
..... book the flights (usually with both students traveling together in one direction)
15). Send your travel itinerary (flight dates and flight numbers ) to your sponsor club counselor and to our district STEP coordinator
16). During your exchange, send at least 2 updates about your exchange to your sponsor club counselor and to our district STEP coordinator
D6110 STEP Team Leader