Return Orientation Camp - Inbound Farewell Get-Together
Mandatory for Inbound Students
Tentative Location: Harrison, AR
This is our final weekend together as a group. Friday night (6 pm - 9 pm) will involve lots of time to process the year and we’ll help you with some “reverse culture shock” information. Much of it is for you to talk and share your thoughts about the year, and getting mentally ready to go home.
Saturday will be our annual float trip down the beautiful Buffalo River. (We call going down the river in a canoe a “float trip”). You will leave for home around 4 pm.
A few to do’s:
- Tell your host parents about this now, just in case you forgot to tell them when you first got the email.
- Talk to your Rotary counselor about how you will get to/from Harrison, Arkansas. Your Rotary club is responsible for getting to there and back.
What to bring
- Jeans, shorts, tee shirts, water shoes, sunblock, bug spray, towels, and swimsuits.
- Camera, phone
- Baggies to keep your camera and phone dry while in the canoe
- Snacks and drinks
- Lunch money for the ride there and back
- Sleeping bags/ pillows
Reply to Trisha Kerkstra to let her know you will be there:918-691-1912